It’s a little different from most peoples cats obsession with cardboard boxes… Mine likes to chew them to pieces! It might be related to the fact that we have a box in the kitchen which we put food waste into. One of them, Blaize, now chews any cardboard box left around.
The box in the video is over 2 metres in length and has over a few weeks been chewed extensively.
We were wondering if there was a mouse in the house last week as the new cats were sitting besides furniture in our dining room all day. That evening we were watching TV when a mouse ran out from under the hi-fi stack. We went and got the humane trap and tried to ward it towards the trap. What the mouse did next was quite simply suicidal!
** PLEASE NOTE ** the mouse was not hurt! After the close shave, it ran into the trap 5 minutes later and was released out side the front of our house. The cat in the photo didn’t even bother getting off his chair… (lazy)
Our new cats seem to eat anything… the majority of which they steal or we put in the recycling box and it gets taken back out.
This is a list of things that we know they’ve eaten (in no particular order):
- Leg of lamb (as seen in this video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgv1doKWFE)
- Stilton cheese – although they didn’t eat much.
- Whole croissant
- Loaf of bread uncut
- Sliced bread
- Cauliflower cheese
- Corn on the cob
- Coleslaw (with lots of onion…)
- Frozen lamb (tried to chew it)
- Corned beef hash and carrots
- Edam cheese
- Meatloaf sandwich (all of it)
- Yum Yum
- Biscuits (like Cornish fairings)
- Roasted parsnip
- Boiled potatoes
- Roast potato
- Brussel sprout (chewed the second one but didn’t eat it)
- Peas and sweetcorn
- Breaded fish covered in tomato ketchup
- Corn for the pheasant (bird seed)
- Corn Fritters
- Carrot Peelings
- Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich
- Pepper seeds and flesh
- Mushrooms (fried – not much sauce)