It’s just over a year ago now that I started transforming the front garden into a butterfly and bee friendly garden (http://blog.v-s-f.co.uk/2015/08/front-garden-transformation/). In the last post I finished the article with some photo’s of the garden from April showing the newly planted borders.
The garden was a huge success and I’ve been very p. The plants grew up more than I’d expected, filling in the gaps nicely (in some cases too much!). My neighbours all commented on the Red Dahlia’s which I thought wouldn’t grow after being frosted a number of times!
Here’s a few pictures of the garden at various stages.
But the main reason as stated above for transforming the garden was to encourage more butterflies and bees and the garden certainly delivered! We had a wide variety of butterflies in the garden at times with over 20 butterflies at a time. Here are pictures of the different butterflies and caterpillars we saw during the year.
There were a couple more that I couldn’t get my camera out quick enough to take a photo unfortunately, but one was bright blue and small about the size of a 10 pence piece. The other was brown with orange spots and might well have been a female Adonis Blue. Next year I’ll have the camera ready!!