12 oz (340g) of Diced chicken
2 Tablespoons of dry sherry
2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
1 Egg white
6 oz (170g) of Corn flour
Pepper (but no salt)
4 Tablespoons of oil
1 Small chilli chopped (or chilli powder)
Red pepper diced, and same with a green pepper
4 oz (113g) of Water chestnuts diced
1 Teaspoon of wine vinegar
1 Teaspoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon of black bean sauce
1 Teaspoon of sesame oil
1 Tablespoon of water
6 oz (170g) of Cashew nuts
1. Add chicken to 1 tablespoon of wine, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, egg white, 1 tablespoon of corn flour and pepper. Leave for 20 mins to mix.
2. Heat oil to hot and add chili and garlic, then chicken and stir fry till chicken changes colour. Remove.
3. Re-heat wok and add extra tablespoon of oil. Add peppers and water cashew nuts. Stir fry 1-2 mins and put on dish with chicken.
4. Wipe wok clean. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and re-heat. Add rest of soy sauce, wine vinegar, sugar, sauce, sesame oil, corn flour and water. Boil stirring. Return chicken and all and add cashews.
Serve with rice and vegetables.
6 pieces of chicken
50g of butter
3 table spoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
125g of mushrooms
150ml dry white wine
4 tablespoons chicken stock
1 tin of tomatoes
4 tablespoons tomato puree
2 bay leaves
Melt the butter and oil in an electric frying pan and add the chicken pieces, remove when brown. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry until softened. Stir in the wine, stock, tomatoes, puree, bay leaves and bring to the boil. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste.
Serve with pasta shells and vegetables.
These are extremely yummy – except when the stilton is too strong (which is just a personal thing).
125g Blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
4 Chicken breasts
8 rashers smoked bacon
1 gloss red wine made up to 300ml with chicken stock
8 Cocktail sticks
1. Whisk the cheese and butter to a smooth paste
2. Beat out the chicken breasts. Spread the cheese mix evenly on one side of each breast
3. Roll up the chicken breasts and wrap in bacon. Secure with cocktail sticks
4. In a frying pan (or electric frying pan), heat the oil and butter and brown chicken rolls well.
5. Pour in the red wine and stock. Bring to boil. Simmer for 35-40 minutes.
Serve with mashed potato and vegetables.